LoanPro gives you the option to create payment custom fields in addition to the other types of custom fields we offer. Custom fields let you record values that aren’t natively recorded by LoanPro. Payment custom fields are specific to payments and will not be associated with customer or loan directly.
To create a new payment custom field, navigate to Settings > Loan > Payments > Custom Fields inside your company account.
Click ADD .
The following information can be entered for each custom field:
- Active – Choose whether the field is displayed in the payment.
- Field Name – This is the name of the field. You should choose a name that will distinguish this from other payment custom fields.
- Field type – Designate the type of information the field will hold. The options are: Checklist, Currency, Date, Date Time, Time, Number, Percentage, Text, Select, Phone, and Web URL.
- Include as a Column in the Export file for the History Payment Reports – You can export loan payments. This option lets you select whether this field should be included in the export.
- Required – This option lets you choose whether users will be required to enter information for this field in order to log a payment.
- Max length (characters) – The total number of characters that can be entered into the field. This option is only available for text and web URL fields.
- Default Value – The value the field will start with when users log a payment. For select fields this should be the key, not the value.
Click SAVE to save the field.
How To Enter Selection Options
Note: Select custom fields can be used to filter the payments report.
LoanPro provides a few templates for selections you might want, which you can access by clicking Preset Templates. These include
You can also enter any options you want. Each line you enter represents a single option. Enter the options in the following format:
So, if you want to enter a simple Yes/No selection, you would enter the options like this:
To enter options for your selection, click on the box.
Then enter the options into the box.