LoanPro offers three types of notifications: email, sms, and system. Notifications are designed to notify your borrowers and your employees of what is happening with loans inside the LoanPro system. The details of creating notifications aren’t covered, but can be found in the following articles:
Event Based Notifications – SMS
Event Based Notifications – Email
Event Based Notifications – System
Event Based Notifications – Mail House
Trigger Based Notifications – SMS
Trigger Based Notifications – Email
Trigger Based Notifications – System
Trigger Based Notifications – Mail House
To set up a notification within the LoanPro system, navigate to Settings > Company > Notifications within your company account. Here you will have three tabs to choose from: Event-Based Notifications, Trigger Based Notifications, and Sounds Manager.
Sounds Manager will not be covered in this article.
Notifications in LoanPro work in two ways. First, notifications can be sent out when specific events occur in the system. So, for example, if you want to receive a notification whenever a customer makes a payment, that would be an event-based notification because a payment is an event. The second type is trigger-based notifications. These are sent out daily when LoanPro updates your accounts. These notifications get sent out based on rules you set up. So, for example, if you create a rule to test whether an account is more than 5 days past due, you could create a notification, using this rule. Each day when the number of days past due gets updated (usually during the night), the system would find accounts that were 5 or more days past due and send the notification to the customers on those accounts.
You can choose, on a per-agent-user basis, which users within your company will receive these notifications.
Event Based Notifications
There is a finite list of events that notifications can be based on. These are:
- Insurance Update – Executed when insurance information on an account is updated
- AutoPay Failed – Executed when Autopay execution fails.
- AutoPay Scheduled/Created – Executed when a loan Autopay is scheduled.
- Loan Settings Updated – Executed when a Loan Settings is updated.
- Loan Promise Created – Executed when a Loan Promise is created.
- Loan Collateral Updated – Executed when Loan Collateral is updated.
- Document attached to Account – Executed when Document is attached to Account.
Transaction on Account
- Advancement Posted to Account – Executed when Advancement is posted to Account.
- Credit Posted to Account – Executed when Credit is posted to Account.
- Past Due Adjustment Posted to Account – Executed when Past Due Adjustment is posted to Account.
- Change Due Date Posted to Account – Executed when Change Due Date is posted to Account.
- Payment Posted to Account – Executed when a new payment is made.
- Payment Reversed – Executed when an existing payment is reversed.
- Loan Charge Posted – Executed when a Charge is posted to Account.
Account Setup & Lifecycle
- Archive Account – Executed when Account is Archived.
- Delete Account – Executed when Account is deleted.
- Account Created – Executed when an Account is created.
- Account Modified – Executed when an account is modified.
- Account Activated – Executed when a loan account is activated.
Customer Facing Website Activity
- Customer Logs into Customer Website – Executed when a customer logs in to the public site.
Primary Customer on Loan Account Activity
- Customer Created – Executed when a Customer is created.
- Customer Updated – Executed when a Customer is updated.
- Payment Profile Added – Executed when a Payment Profile is added to a Customer.
- Employer Updated – Executed when Employer is updated.
- References Added – Executed when a References are added to a Customer.
Tenant Level Activity
- Agent User Created – Executed when an Agent User is created.
To edit the notifications created for any of these events,
click the edit icon to the right of the event listing.
When you edit an event-based notification, you can choose to update any or all of the notification types for the event you chose. The three notification sections have three groups of options. The first group lets you select who should receive the notification and how they should receive it. The second group lets you choose to restrict which loans can cause the notification to be sent. The third group involves the message that will be sent.
Trigger based notifications are based on rules that you can create within the system. For all intents and purposes, there are unlimited options when it comes to creating rules.
Because trigger-based notifications aren’t based on a hard-wired list of events, you can create and delete them. Because changes to a customer account could cause it to qualify for a trigger at any time, you also have the option to force a trigger evaluation at any time.
To delete a notification, click to the right of the listing for the notification. To force a rule evaluation (and the sending of the notification for qualifying accounts) click to the right of the notification listing.
To add a new trigger-based notification, click Add.
Here you have the option to configure any of the notification types for the trigger you are adding.
System Notification Display
Most people are familiar with both email and SMS text messages. System notifications are likely unfamiliar as they are specific to LoanPro. System notifications will be shown in the notification center, but you can also choose to have them display as a popup.